- 84 percent of teens use social media, and 62 percent of teens use it every day.
- On average, teens spend 1 hour and 27 minutes a day scrolling social media, an increase of 17 minutes from 2019.
- Only one-third of teens say they enjoy social media “a lot,” down from 40 percent in 2019.
- 42 percent of teen girls say they enjoy social media, compared with 27 percent of teen boys.
- Girls are also more likely than boys to use social media every day (68 percent vs. 57 percent).
- Instagram, TikTok, and Snapchat are the most popular social media sites for teens.
- Use of social media among tweens went up by 7 percentage points between 2019 and 2021, from 31 to 38 percent.
The above comes from: https://www.newportacademy.com/resources/mental-health/teens-social-media-addiction/